The European Cultural Foundation, Rijeka 2020 European Capital of Culture, Krytyka Polityczna and ZEMOS98 invite you to apply for participation in Culture Lab Europe, which will take place from 16-18 April 2020 in Rijeka, Croatia.
We are looking for cultural activists and mediators who are:
- engaged in initiatives that create spaces for solidarity and public debate, and who are keen on European collaboration.
- engaged in non-partisan initiatives that provide digital or physical space for citizens to share ideas and engage in debate
- well connected to relevant (local) communities and stakeholders such as decision makers, educational institutions or media
- committed to sharing their knowledge and experience and working on collaborative projects with peers from across Europe
Culture Lab Europe is a unique opportunity to:
- be inspired by initiatives tackling the pressures facing European societies
- build connections with other cultural change makers across Europe
- develop initiatives contributing to a European space for public debate, fostering solidarity amongst people living across our continent
- meet funders and be part of their initiative for European public space.
Participation in Culture Lab Europe is free of charge. Travel, accommodation and meals are covered.
Deadline for application is 31st of January 2020, 12:00 CET.
You can find all information on the application procedure, including eligibility criteria, selection process in this document. You will need to fill in an online form which you cannot save - prepare your answers in this word document.
Culture lab Europe is part of the project Culture for Solidarity – a 2.5-year artistic investigation into the root causes of fragmentation in Europe. It is co-funded by the European Commission’s Creative Europe programme. The aim is to encourage greater solidarity, by highlighting cultural practices that bring unusual groups of people together, connecting these practices and scaling them across the continent.